Monday, August 4, 2008

Singapore, August 4

Last night I got to admire this fun car in front of the Hyatt ... always a place where one can spot an exotic thing or two ...


Monday ... meetings all day long but I was able to break around 4:00 pm ... jetlag is setting in ....  Orchard Road is full of construction this time ... plenty of shops are renovating for a September re-opening.

What caught my eye today is the use of panels to shield the construction sites from plain view.  Not just OSB or plywood ... no, beautifully designed artwork, slogans or ... yes .. you guessed it ... creative advertising !  The bamboo panel and other nature scenes are quite popular on the street as a shield ... the image is a crop from the full panel ... remember, I love tight crops.


And yes, there is graphitti in Singapore ... just not much ... the slogan is part of an add campaign on Orchard Road again ... fitting for me ... lol ... my whole life has been around the convergence of art and technology ...


Continued ...

No comments: