Sunday, November 2, 2008

Ms Susie B - Part One

Today was a full day of shooting with Susie.  We started out early in the morning with some location fine art work in the Fremont hills.  

The weather was not cooperative, lighting was difficult but nevertheless we got some great images.  Susie's pale skin and red hair stood out against the dark tree hollows.

I've been fighting focussing problems on my camera for a while.  Yesterday it became clear that I couldn't live with it any longer.  I intended to ship this one off to Nikon for a repair quote ...

Today he aperture got stuck often in the close position after having serious issues focussing anything on my 28-70mm F2.8 lens.  This lens is simple worn out, the zoom ring rubber is totally distorted ... shipping this one off to Nikon Service first thing on Monday morning.

After switching my D3 off after a magnificent natural light beauty shot series during the first morning shoot, I got the dreaded fEE error in the display.  I had to put my 105mm F2.0 DC lens on my D3 and put my 18-70mm kit lens on my D2x to continue the rest of the shooting of the day.

We headed to Half Moon Bay for brunch and some beach shooting after cleaning off the Fremont Hills mud and cow pie from our boots.


Overcast weather and great waves resulted in quite a few breath taking shots.

The beach was pretty much deserted but we did get some onlookers from a safe distance who simply wanted to see how hard the waves would bite us ... and they did ...

Susie braved the cold water and was totally in her element, this New Mexico model is not afraid to get wet at all ... she's totally professional and will do anything to get the shot ... including getting her favorite dress trashed in the ocean ...

I'm no stranger to taking some risk either and the shot at the left looks the way it does  because the wave went totally over me ... these three shots all happened in the same split second as I was shooting at 5 frames/second.

Definitely not recommended with a non-weather proof camera.  Since this is the second time a wave washes over me and my equipment, time to acquire a waterproof shooting bag for this type of adventures ...

After this shot series we drove back to the studio and topped the day off with a lingerie / pin-up shoot followed by Hollywood beauty.



Continued ...


No comments: