Thursday, November 20, 2008

Chocolate Review

Tried some chocolate I didn't have before ... just now realizing how spoiled I am with my Belgian chocolate upbringing ...

Dagoba - Mon Cherri Bar: nah ...

Dolfin  - Milk with Coffee; just edible ...

Dagoba - Roseberry Bar; nah ...

Perugina - White Chocolate; almost enjoyable ...

The typical problem, low quality cocoa butter masked with artificial flavors and some ground texture for the Mon Cherri, Roseberry and Milk with Coffee

The Perugina was almost good, just poor texture, too lean ...

Try at your own risk !



Continued ...


2 comments:

CarlyErin O'Neil said...

lol so scientific. I thought chocolate was for the heart?

Amedeus said...

Only "good" chocolate is for the heart ... lol

I'm surprised on how much inferior chocolate is being offered in the US ... overrated ... hiding behind fancy labels and misnomers like "organic"

I'm always up for trying a new variety but I'm pretty firm in my comments ... if it doesn't taste good, then it ain't good for my heart ... lol

Writing this from the Frankfurt airport ... and yes, there's good chocolate in Germany ... there's good chocolate in the US also ... just harder to find ... it ain't the mass produced bars though, most of it are smaller chocolatiers that learned their craft in Europe and don't compromise on quality ingredients.

I've actually gotten quite a few comments on this post per email and I'm looking forward expanding on this not so scientific experiment a bit more

Later ...

Rudi