Monday, March 9, 2009

If you ever wondered ...

.... what would happen if your car got hit by a piece of flying debris on a freeway ... 

Wonder no more ...

My car got hit last Saturday night by a runaway "spinner" on the highway ... me 65mph ... spinner from the opposite direction probably 50mph ... it was dark ... couldn't see it coming and traffic was such that there was no room for an evasive maneuver ...

Resuls: front bumper spliced in half ... metal grille torn apart ...  unsightly damage ... will cost a new AMG bumper for my Benz ...

hmmmmm ... 

these "spinners" should be illegal ... they are aftermarket, not designed to fit any vehicle and cause some major damage when let loose on their own ... we've all see them lying around in one or other freeway lane ...

I guess I got lucky as the damage could have been worse ... wonder how many more vehicles were hit by the spinner that I hit as I saw it hit the road again in my rear view mirror

No comments: