Tuesday, October 27, 2009

NYC

It was years since I've been in NYC ... last week I had an opportunity to spend 4 days in the big apple and it was well worth the travel and expenses ...

The first funny thing is that the city looked much smaller than I remembered ... weird experience though ... felt for a second like I was first time in a place since childhood ...

I've always loved the atnosphere, the hustle and bustle, the everything is possible attitude ... and yes ... there's always life ... and you can get food at any time of the day ...

Last week was about connecting and reconnecting with friends ... some of whom I've never seen other than "on-line" ... ;-)

Central Park on a sunny day is still an experience that can't be missed ...

For those who think that NY is all about business ... well ... think again ... I got to experience to be around two marvelous kids with a super set of parents ... it made me soft for a while and I couldn't help but remembering growing up with loving parents ... and how I miss them both ...

Parents ... remember your kids have only one childhood ...

Shot about 4,000 images on the trip ... more about those later ...

While I was in the city one of my on-line friends I've never met wrote me this:

"I just wanted to say thanks for your occasional words of wisdom. Because of something you wrote yesterday, I got in touch with my grandfather (who has been reaching out to me) - I haven't spoken with him since I was a toddler.

Sometimes people need a slight prompting to forgive, or to remember important things, and I wanted to let you know that your posting gave me a little nudge. Thanks. :)"

Needless to say that this made my day even more ...

Continued ...

No comments: