Sunday, September 20, 2009

Insomnia ...

Just having one of those nights where I can't sleep because my brain is running haywire ... thousand thoughts going through my mind with no resolution ... seemingly no progress ... no actionable items ... just emotionally piecing together the disconnects from recent stressful events ..

Even my visiting cat knows something needs fixing ... she's always outside ... roaming around in the backyard ... she loves the backyard, so much more room than the studio from my ex ;-) ... but this night, she's in the kitchen, office ... wherever I go ... maybe it's because of me or maybe it's because there was a skunk passing by a couple of hours ago ... who knows ... for now, I'm happy with the company ...

Been working al day yesterday on editing and retouching my second book ... I photographed the concept a little over a year ago and I've been mulling my options over on and off ... going for a photojournalist B&W approach... that's how it was shot, that's how it still feels after all this time ... hope to publish this book before December ...

Insomnia also means that I have opportunity to do some more editing ...
I shot Jillian Ann and HDC (Grant) last Friday in the Voodoo Lounge in San Jose ...
I enjoyed the music, the atmosphere and just see everyone passionately go all out ...

It was good to see Jillian again, our next shoot is long overdue ... I posted the images from this event to my Facebook account ... yes ... I'm on Facebook ... ;-)

* * *

Looking through the Facebook shatter I come across this quote ... I'm pretty sure it was left for me ... coincidence ? ... synchronicity ? ... who knows ... all that matters is that someone cares enought to put it out there for all to read ...


When people can walk away from you ... let them walk.

Your destiny is never tied to anybody that left ...

(T.D.Jakes)

We have read this quote before ... We may have heard the quote before ... this is just a timely reminder ...

I do know one thing for sure ... I do have a very bright future ... time for real coffee ...

* * *

Images from last Friday's photography in the Voodoo Lounge, San Jose. The wire image detail was shot in an art gallery in La Jolla, CA in 2008. ,,,

No comments: